The SCF Choir

This semester I took a Music Appreciation. I needed a break from the science and letter courses I took in the Fall semester. So far, I have learned so many different things, and I see music differently. In the course, I am required to attend three concerts and write a report about them.

Today I attended a performance by the SCF choir, and it was amazing. The performance was very well put together. The sound, lights, and positions of the performers all came together to create a great atmosphere. There was a visual presentation above that displayed images of the earth and the universe. The lighting changed according to the songs. The performers would move around the auditorium to give a different feel to the music. At many points, I felt as if the music was surrounding the audience.

The choir itself was great. The high and low voices came together beautifully. There were almost no moments where the music did not sound harmonious. The emotion for each song were expressed through the voices of the performers. I loved the solo performances as well. The lone voices contrasted wonderfully with the unified sound of the rest of the choir. It was noticeable that the choir had been practicing a lot before giving this performance.

Although I’m not a music expert (and I will never claim to be so), I thought this concert was amazing. I’m not saying the performance was perfect, but it was still fantastic. I would definitely pay to hear the SCF choir again, and I recommend their concerts to anyone who enjoys listening to peaceful music.