Powerpoint Presentations

For my final presentations in my senior year of high school, I had to do two forty-five minute presentations (each was in a group of three, so really only fifteen minutes of talking time per person). I’m SO GLAD to have been put through this! Besides the fact that the presentations themselves were unusually long for a high school assignment, one of them was presented under the ultimate task-mistress of powerpoints. If you did not do your powerpoint correctly, you lost a lot of points. She explained it to us and that was that. Her way or fail.

This probably sounds overly harsh, especially considering that as long as the powerpoint looks good, who cares how its put together? Well, either way, her methods have gotten me through many presentations since and I’ve gotten an A on every one of them. So I’d like to share her guides with all of you!

And thats pretty much the basics! If you have any questions on how to use powerpoint, remember that the program has a great help section. Microsoft’s website also has a whole section dedicated to how-tos on using their programs. If you have any questions about designing a powerpoint, feel free to drop me an email at studentblog@scf.edu!