I’ve mentioned before how I can’t hold my focus when I’m hungry. This usually means that if I’m sitting through more than a couple hours of class, its a smart move on my part to have a snack on hand!

Sometimes I’ll pack something simple like a small container of grapes or a banana. Sometimes I’ll make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or an egg sandwich. For the days I’m on campus all day, I’ll pack a lunchbox full of things (leftovers, instant oatmeal, fruit, etc.)! And sometimes I’m lazy the night before and walk to Subway instead. Eat a big breakfast, snag some hummus and pretzel chips from the Student Union, and a foot long can last me lunch and dinner! I’ve noticed that not letting myself get too hungry is really crucial around seven, the beginning of my three hour evening class. If I don’t eat something then, by eight o’clock I just want to bang my head into things! There’s nothing wrong with the class, besides being long, and I do like the professor a lot. But ugh, who wants to hear about the War with Mexico when your stomach hurts and your head hurts and ugh! You see what I mean?

Surely I can’t be the only person who has this problem! The point of this, really, was to ask you guys a few questions. :) How do you handle your hunger pains? Do you pack foods? If you do, what sort? Or do you rely on the student union and it’s row of snack machine? Or do you venture further off campus and eat at one of the many surrounding restaurants? Please, share your wisdom with me! I’ve got to admit, I’m tired of eating Subway or croissant sandwiches whenever I forget to pack food, haha. Our email is studentblog@scf.edu, I’m looking forward to your replies.