Howdy y’all! Hope you are doing great on such a lovely day. Today the blog will be about 10,000 words, mostly informational, and super boring!!

I kid. However, I do want to give you some information! For those of you who don’t know, on the south side of the Bradenton campus, between buildings 8 and 9 there is a Farmers Market. It’s every Wednesday from 10AM-2PM, and it’s great! Not only is there a wide variety of greens to choose from, a great bonus is that it’s all grown locally. That means your dollar stays right here, and doesn’t go overseas. It’s important to keep our local vendors local, and grabbing up some of these veggies is a great way to do so.

As I understand it, all of the food is local, some is hydroponically grown, and some organically.  They also have honey, bread, pasta, cookies, muffins, and more! All grown right here. It’s a win-win situation, because you even earn Wellness Points for every dollar spent! How great is that?

Give me a shout if you see me there! Or, even if you don’t, you can give me a shout over email. studentblog@scf.edu