Hey there everyone, how did you like getting blown to kingdom come yesterday at school? They said the storm wouldn’t reach Venice yesterday but alas, weather predictions are about as accurate as a crystal ball! Cloudy! The rain hitting the library roof sounded like a stadium full of applause from the inside, lol. I had a feeling my class might get canceled but I showed up and studied to pass the time anyway and then lo and behold…CANCELED!  I love class but there is something really fun about getting to go home, kick your sneakers off and drop onto the couch when you shouldn’t be there. You glance over at the clock with satisfaction and say to yourself “Yep…I’d still be there.” as the time ticks by. There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself an evening of complete and utter uselessness right? Ha ha ha. After all, it’s not a waste if it regenerates you! I was totally zonked yesterday anyway; it must have been the weather. I wanted to crawl into a corner and take a nap while I was sitting in the library. Funny how reading that cancelation sign on the door gives a person a second wind huh?

Well, I hope you were all safe and enjoyed your cancelations, if you had them, and made perfectly good use of the time like I did. Cancelations don’t happen often at SCF. It reminds me of a particular place in New England where they had cancellations at the very first sign of a snow flake and we’d hear “No school Foster / Glocester!” If you’re from R.I. you know exactly what I’m talking about. We’d always say, “Those poor kids will never graduate!” We’d say a few other things, that I shall not type here too haha sorry Foster/Glocester- I cannot tell a lie.  Rhode Islanders can have a biting humor just like the cold up there. Ya gotta love it! Well, at least we don’t have to shovel our way to the car anymore here, or slide across the street, right? Can you imagine the elderly driving snow covered roads down here? It would be like a demolition derby on ice. They have a hard enough time traversing dry roads!

Okay, said enough on that account. So long for now, have a great weekend and thank your lucky stars the earth’s poles haven’t shifted enough to make Wal-Mart stock tropical snow shovels! Have a good one!