Wow,  it’s been that crazy, and I’m not too sure how much more coffee I can safely consume. (Honestly, I can drink a lot more of it; I think my body would go into shock if I didn’t have it). Here’s what’s been going on.  The Veterans Exchange is having the Veterans Day Campus Cookout tomorrow on the Venice campus, in honor of Veterans Day, This Thursday, November 11th.  We’ve sold just over 50 tickets, and we are expecting to sell more during the cookout.  We are really excited because this is sort of our maiden voyage…our first big event since we started the club this past August.  No, the ride has not been 100% smooth, but we are still afloat, and we are looking forward to hopefully continuing this Veterans Day Campus Cookout every year.

Another great thing that happened on campus today was a poetry reading by Mr. Bryan Deitrich.  If you have not read his latest collection of poetry, Love Craft, YOU SHOULD. It was (and is) AMAZING! This isn’t ENC1102 poetry, its spine tingling, fast moving, highly charged literature.  Just reading his poetry is electrifying, and to hear him read it is mind numbing.  There were close to 100 people in attendance.  So to date, I have three signed published works from visiting writers.  Last year Tim Dorsey visited, and that was great too.  There’s lots going on, always it seems.  This semester is going by almost as fast I drink a cup a coffee, and trust me, that’s fast.