I can’t talk, but I’m alive!  Sorry I disappeared for a while.  No, I wasn’t attacked by the ghost in the bathroom of the Venice Library, but I was attacked by a werewolf, and it was an absolute blast!  My voice is slowly coming back after four days of screaming. All this week I helped out the POP Culture Club with the annual Haunted House, and it was a HUGE success.  We raised approximately $1000.  It was a lot of sweat, but it was all worth it.  I worked until 10:30ish (along with several other club members) from Tuesday until Thursday night.  Last night we closed up shop at 11:30pm.  While we were all having insane amounts of fun we also had to attend classes, do our homework, and take exams.  I’m telling you right now that it WAS NOT EASY.  And I would like to give a shout out to my friend Casey (President of the Pop Culture Club) who joined me with getting two of the highest grades on our Archeology Midterm this week. We both managed to pull off A’s.  That balance I talked about earlier was extremely challenging this past week.  I think I almost broke, but I managed to keep my cranium from exploding.

Well, it’s Saturday night, and tomorrow at 9am we are taking down the Haunted House.

And now that the Haunted House is over, it’s off to the next club project: The Veterans ExchangeToes for Joes” Sock Drive, which kicks of this coming Wed, November 3rd at the Fall Ball.  We will be placing three boxes on campus in BLDG 100, BLDG 800, and BLDG 600.  It is our goal to collect as many clean and unopened packages of work or athletic socks as possible.  When the drive ends on November 12th, all of the socks will be placed in Personal Hygiene Care Packages which will then be sent to local troops currently deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Well, that’s enough for now.  I’ll try not to stay away so long next time!