Ramble On…..

Okay, I can’t seem to get caught up!  It seems as though each time I think I can take a break, put my feet up, channel surf, and hopefully catch up with John Stewart, I feel the “get back to work” bully rapping his (could be her, I’ve never checked) knuckles on the back of my head.  But the reality is, I am caught up, I’m just trying to keep ahead. I know—I’m not making sense.  Okay, in a nutshell, I’m drinking way too much coffee! In fact, most people who see me on campus would think something was wrong with me if I did not have my trusty coffee mug in my right hand.  I even carry and extra stash of instant coffee in my backpack (for emergencies). I ramble—sorry.

I did want to share something that made me feel really good today.  As I was leaving campus I noticed a small group of students.  I noticed them because they were being very loud.  But they weren’t just joking around.  They were having a heated debate about some heavy social issues.  The specifics of their discussion really don’t matter.  What does matter is that they were discussing topics of a social nature.  And to be honest, it’s not something I’ve been seeing very much of these days.  It’s college, and that’s what all this secondary education is supposed to do for us, right?  It’s supposed to make us think.  It’s supposed to make us really look at what’s going on around us. It’s supposed to make see that y=mx+b is more than just an equation.  It’s actually just one tiny little variable in the grand matrix: y=life. So for today, it was working.  People are thinking, and sharing ideas.

As for my fellow blogger Neil…sorry the sleep monster got ya.  I’m in constant fear of doing that myself. That’s why I don’t sleep, or maybe it’s the coffee keeping me up.