The Mid-Term Itch

There’s a mid-term virus going around campus. It’s a nasty bug. I’ve see it in people’s eyes, and I hear it in their voice. Most everybody seems to be walking around campus like robots. Gazing straight ahead, more than likely thinking about the next homework assignment, or paper that’s due. It’s not just students either. Some of my professor’s seem to be suffering a little from the mid-term itch as well. In fact, the other day, while talking with Dr. Ford, I had a feeling that although his eyes appeared to be looking right at me, he was not really seeing me. It was almost as if I had morphed into an ungraded paper, still waiting for him on his office desk. Thank God he didn’t have a pen on him. And FYI, professors HATE it when you ask them: “Did you grade my paper yet?” It probably doesn’t seem like it, but they have just as much work (if not more) than all of us.

Okay, it’s not really a virus. It’s just the middle of the semester, and honestly, things are getting hot and heavy, at least for me anyway. But I’m still above water, and ultimately very happy with the boat I’m sailing in right now. Unfortunately there’s no shot for this bug. If you catch it, suck it up, and keep going. It’s worth it.

It really is worth it, and I’ll tell you why. I just learned a few moments ago I’ve been accepted at USF. And to be honest with you I’m still amazed that I actually survived college algebra, with some of the little hair I have left. I can remember having to take pre-algebra, and wondering if I was ever going to reach the point when I could say: that’s it, only a few classes left! Well, I’m there. It’s incredibly exciting. And I’m currently working on losing the rest of my hair in statistics class. But I’m okay with it, because my graduation cap will hide the bald spot!

Well, I guess I’ll close with a paranormal activity update: sadly, nothing to report. But I know that ghost is in that bathroom. I just hope he washes his hands, its flu season!