Debating.

Smack in the middle of week five and I’m still debating the possibility of dropping a class. Don’t worry, though: the class hasn’t actually started yet. I registered for a late-start Archaeology class which is set to start tomorrow, but I’m already in way over my head this semester, with 12 credit hours, one Gordon Rule class, a household to take care of, a lawn to mow,…and I did happen to mention I’m 23 weeks pregnant, right? Yikes, what a semester! Anyway, I need to decide shortly about the Archaeology class. It starts tomorrow and we’re supposed to have read the first three chapters. I haven’t broken the cellophane seal surrounding the book yet.

All this homework, studying, online quizzes and tests, and where is a person supposed to find time for social activities? On the one hand, I’m lucky I don’t also have to hold down a full-time job, considering the fact I am a proud recipient of the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill. I do, however, miss having time to hang out this semester without it involving lugging my wheeled backpack behind me. It’s like the little sibling who just won’t leave. I will be making time today to visit the tables for the last day of Club Rush on the Venice Campus, and hopefully I can attend Swamp Scribes’ first Open Mic tonight in the Student Union at 7pm. It’s a toss-up, seeing as my son’s first grade Open House is also tonight. And there’s a pirate theme. This is why first grade is occasionally just a bit cooler than college. Unless you’re in the Pop Culture club. They also dress-up, but the theme isn’t exactly pirates.

On that note, time to turn my Roomba on and head to class. It’s nice to have a machine vacuum for me while I’m off earning a degree. I’m only upset it took me this long to buy one. Thank you Short Story LIT, with your emphasis on science fiction, to give me the push toward robotics I always never knew I needed.

Til next time, to dig or not to dig? That is the question.

Enjoy the rest of the week,

Cherstin