Kaleidoscope

Last Saturday night, I thought it was Sunday night, and I almost started getting ready for my Monday classes. I haven’t done that since I was in grade school. Anyway, I think it’s because so much is going on right now. And that’s okay, for now anyway, because I’m still passing all of my classes.

There is still so much more that I want to do, and help out with, but I learned to say no.

CLUB RUSH this Wednesday and Thursday on the Venice campus! There’ll be about 20 tables lining the side of library. Reps from all the clubs will hopefully be gaining new members.

I’ll be representing the Veteran’s Club, THE VX Veterans Exchange, and the Creative Writing Club, Swamp Scribes. Speaking of Scribes, our first open Mic on the Venice campus is this Thursday at 7pm in the Student Union! Free food and drinks (not the keg stand type, but that’s okay).

With my classes, the clubs, and everything else going on in my life, I feel like I’m looking through a kaleidoscope. It’s hard to keep it all focused, but somehow I’m managing. And this brings me to another point, and I think it’s more important.

When I first began at SCF (then MCC), I felt that my age, late 30’s, excluded me from student clubs and organizations. In fact, when they did have Club Rush, I would walk by the tables, and say to myself “This is their time, let them enjoy it.” I had segregated myself. That way of thinking is just not true.

Regardless of anyone’s age, they all fall in to one category: STUDENT. That’s all that matters when you’re here, so take advantage of what the school has to offer. It makes it more interesting. And if there is an organization you think should be on campus, and it’s not here, START ONE! It’s easy.

Know what I like best about being busy, and looking through kaleidoscope glasses?

All the different colors—there’s always something interesting going on—you should take a look.