As I was driving into school today, spilling coffee on my Tshirt, I knew it would be a good day (spilling coffee = good day).  Of course, by the time I got to school my coffee was cold.  But the sun was still shining, and the weekend was a warm promise.  I also felt lucky to attend school. 

All this brought to mind a blerd I was thinking of this past week.  That blerd is pastiche, which means “an artistic composition made up of bits from various sources” (Webster’s New World Dictionary).   For this particular word, I like to envision my brain cut in half, and a nature scene blooming inside.  The nature scene would consist of my ability to play poker, the trivia I learned from Planet Earth (Purple Sea Urchins are much scarier than the ones I’ve seen at the beach), and how to properly wash a do-rag.  The sea urchin would look nicer in my brain scene than a do-rag, but the point is that the things you do each day, the stuff you memorize in class, is all going into your brain to create yourself.  With that said, I hope you can find a balance between school and play.  I hope that it overlaps in some cases, otherwise you may need to take a second look into what you’re studying.