This is my last semester at SCF, and as such I have been thinking about exactly what I want to do with my degree.  Granted, I am attending two more years of college, but if I could find what career path I wanted to take, I might not flutter around and take five semesters at my next university. �
     In my search I went to the Career Resource Center and found a website on Vocational Biographies.  The site was helpful to search the career you already have in mind, or under a general idea, like english and writing.  I went and found Technical Writer, which gave an article about a woman who holds that job title.  Then it goes on to offer what education you need, what personality traits (it didn’t list being poor and weary as a trait), and more websites for information!�
You do need a username/password to log on.  User: scf  Pass: Bradenton�
      There was one other fun website that I remembered called Salary.com.  It’s really easy, you just insert your desired job, and area code and you’re off!  Once you find the job you can change your education level and read a salary range.  If I were to become a Technical Writer, I would probably earn around $42,000 at entry level.  Not bad!  There’s really a lot of stuff you can do with this website that gives you an idea of what your future can be.
     Even if you are in high school, or attending SCF, I think both of these sites work hand in hand to developing ideas.  I still don’t know what I want to do, I doubt I want to write instruction manuals, but I’m still stepping in the right direction.