Well, I don’t even know where to begin…I am sad that this will be the last time I blog for SCF. I have been blogging since the fall of 2008 and I was one of the first bloggers. It has been fun and honor to be able to do this; I really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and experiences while at SCF.

I can’t believe my time here is done…what an awesome experience it has been. I have learned so much about myself and life and have made memories that I will carry with me forever. I have also come to the realization that your college experience is so much more than what is taught in the classroom. I have learned the importance of time management, building professional relationships, getting as much out of assignments as possible (this really hit home in my applied psychology class, and trust me our instructors really do have a purpose in giving us these assignments!) and the importance in being involved on campus. I can honestly say some of the assignments I have done during my time at SCF have and will have an everlasting impact on my life as well as people I have had class with and all of the instructor’s I have had the pleasure to meet.

To everyone else who is graduating this semester congratulations!!! This is a big accomplishment and I’m sure it is just one of many in your lifetime! I am excited and scared for my new beginnings in January. I will be attending USF in Tampa to start working towards my BSW (Bachelor’s in Social Work) and let me just say it is going to be a big transition, instead of driving 6 miles to school it will be over 50, I will be taking afternoon night/classes which I’ve never done before, the amount of my classmates will jump from about 30 to 300 and it might take more like a month to feel comfortable on campus compared to a week. For everyone continuing at SCF and for those who are just starting, enjoy your community college experience while it lasts. I will miss the small comfortable hometown feel!

You have chosen an awesome college! One I will greatly miss…thank you SCF for an opportunity of a lifetime! I’m sure I will shed a few tears as I walk across the stage on Friday!