Over Spring Break I started reading “The Tipping Point” by Malcolm Gladwell. It is about how little things can make a big difference. The Tipping Point is known as that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips and spreads like wildfire. Gladwell uses many examples of how this happens in society some of them include how a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, as well as a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product or a drop in the crime rate. In this book Gladwell also explores and brilliantly illuminates the tipping point phenomenon and it has changed the way people throughout the world think about selling products and disseminating ideas. This book is a widely acclaimed bestseller and I can tell why. It’s very good so far and the concept is interesting.

This book was recommended to me by someone who is a Social Worker. She has read all of his books and said that she liked the way he wrote and valued his thoughts and opinions so I decided to check them out. “The Tipping Point” is his first book, followed by “Blink” and “Outliers”. I am looking forward to reading all of his books and I hope they will help me to better understand the world from a social perspective because I am changing my major from Clinical Psychology to Social Work. I am already set on the decision to change but I will write more about this later as I continue to explore this change and my options…