Have you ever been so excited about your passions only to become disappointed when people around you don’t seem to be excited for you or are not interested in helping you reach your goals?

I have had that happen to me a couple of times this week. I went to a schizophrenia seminar this past weekend and really enjoyed it, learned new things and was encouraged and inspired to learn and do more to prepare for my major which involves mental health. I became disappointed once I had made an effort to make contact with some of the people I met at the seminar and expressed interest in finding more volunteer opportunities only to be told they didn’t have opportunities and to be somewhat blown off.

At first I became a little discouraged just because I have such a passion to get involved and help out, but then I decided… you know what… I’m not going to let this get me down! So I am going to continue to look for more opportunities and continue to contact people.

So with all of that being said I just wanted to encourage everyone to not lose your enthusiasm…I’m sure some of you understand how I feel because you’re just so passionate about what it is your going to school for that you just want to get involved in the field in any way possible. Even though sometimes things don’t work out how we had hoped and planned there is a reason for everything and in the end it will all work out – even if that does mean your first experiences involve doing things that don’t exactly excite you or make you feel like you are making a difference.