Perhaps the biggest mistake I have made during my stay at MCC is not having a plan. As most of us do, I started attending MCC with plans to earn my Associates. Once I accomplished this, I would transfer to a four year university and life would be great… I soon learned that I was wrong.

All I was concerned with was meeting the requirements for my degree at MCC; being completely oblivious to the fact that the university that I planned to transfer to also had its own set of prerequisite classes. Due to my lack of planning skills I now have to take extra classes during the summer in order to transfer into the business program at the university I plan to attend. The reason for posting this is so you can learn from my mistakes.

Each college will have a set of classes they want you to take so that you can transfer into their program. My suggestion is this: take those classes required by the university that also fit into the requirements for MCC. When you synchronize like this, you will kill two birds with one stone and have an extra summer vacation to travel or relax…guess I’ll have to wait till next year.