If you’re like me and the other 99% of the world population there are often times when you get hungry. My high school graduation was a great moment since I told myself I would never try High School food again. Needless to say, High School left me with a negative outlook on school food. However, once I discovered the Lancer Café at MCC, my perspective on the matter changed drastically. I can actually remember the first time I approached the cafe lady. 

“Well hello there, young man! How can I assist you today?” She asked.                    

“W-well, I’m sort of new and I don’t know where the line starts…” I spat out nervously, realizing how novice I sounded. 

“Well you order here, and then get rung up over there. Our specials are: this, this, and this. I would recommend…..THIS, made by yours truly.” she said with a big warm smile. 

“Then I’ll have that!” I said. 

She was very helpful and made me feel right at home. Moments later, after being rung up an the register, I took my first bite of what was then “The Meal of the Day”. All of a sudden, I could taste a gallimaufry of flavors, seasonings and spices that I had never experienced in school… maybe Carrabba’s, but never school. So if you feel that school food deserves a second chance, I would highly recommend trying the Lancer Café located in Buildings 14 and 500, The Student Union. Since then, I have become a frequent client there. If you’re lucky, you might even meet my favorite lunch lady (who’s name I cannot disclose for privacy issues), but one thing is for sure, it’s hard to eat only once.